Thursday, July 28, 2011

10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner

THE WORKOUT: 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Fat Burner

REVIEW BY: Kritter

WHO CAN DO THIS: I consider myself an advanced beginner. There's lots of jumping around and I didn't have a heart attack, so kudos to me.

THE BREAKDOWN: My nemesis---the endlessly-added-onto combination---is all over this DVD. But the segment that sounded like it would be the easiest for a newbie like me, Low Impact Fat Blaster, wound up to be the most frustrating and disappointing. Mostly easy "classic" aerobic moves but it's the most dance-y and she kept adding onto the combinations 'til I basically gave up---you can only jog in place for so long killing time trying to figure out a way back in. I dread hearing the phrase "take it from the top" ever again.

Even the ominously named Power Sports Drills and Extreme Intervals were more fun, and Rapid Results Kickboxing has the potential to be my favorite. All three were more intense than I'm up for (yet) but they didn't make me frustrated to the point of tears or hostility---I just did the best I could. By the time I got to the last segment, Cardio Max, my body didn't really want any more, but it was my poor befuddled brain that finally said stop---it refused to consider learning even one more combination.

She wears different outfits in each segment---do they usually do that? It did help define each workout, and with all those combinations I needed all the help I could get. The cool downs were pretty puny, but I guess what more can they squeeze into ten minutes?

THE SWEAT FACTOR: I sweated plenty.

BUT IS IT FUN? I didn't preview the DVD, just jumped on in, and lemme tell ya---I really need to get better at learning fast-paced combinations.

FINAL WORD: I don't know if someone more fit would find it enough of a challenge, but ten-minute bursts of cardio are probably a good thing for anyone.

No comments: