Friday, May 20, 2011

Ageless With Kathy Smith: Staying Strong

THE WORKOUT: Ageless With Kathy Smith: Staying Strong

REVIEW BY: Sophia

WHO CAN DO THIS:  Note that it’s staying strong, not getting strong. Not for beginners.

THE BREAKDOWN: Holy cow, Kathy Smith is 60 years old?! She’s looking so good, I’ll forgive the Botox. Certainly her body looks better than mine does—or even did when I was half that age. And oh boy, she did stay strong…this is not a workout for weaklings.

I like Kathy Smith so I feel kinda bad that I don’t like this DVD.

Four 15 minute segments work arms, legs, glutes and core--hard. Weights, squats, lunges, leg lifts, some balance, some jumps. It’s mostly pretty standard stuff with lots of reps; even 15 little minutes get a little tedious. The 12-minute "Bonus Stretch"  is so lackluster I turned it off and freestyled.

THE SWEAT FACTOR: Sweat and lots of it.

BUT IS IT FUN? Do you find broccoli fun? Then you’ll have fun.

WHEN IT'S OVER: Your muscles will tell you that it did the job, no doubt about it.

GEAR AND APPAREL: Light weights.

FINAL WORD: Not bad, just dull. Doubt I’ll do it again.

Note: Check out Kritter's counterpoint review--she likes this workout.

No comments: