Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Suit Up and Walk: The Country Music Mix

Now for something a little different. Sure, I'm a huge fan of the workout DVD, especially since I live in Texas where it's roughly eight million degrees for seven months out of the year. But right now, we are (finally!) starting to feel that delicious fresh autumn air and it's time to get out, get out, get OUT of the house! So instead of working out in front of the TV, I'm plugging into my iPod and taking my workout to the streets.

I've been fitness walking for many years now. (I don't like the term "power walking." It sounds goofy to me.) I started making walking mixes way back when the only available technology for such things was cassette tape. One mix could take an entire weekend of taping and retaping to perfect. I'm glad those days are gone

So in celebration of autumn, I thought I'd toss out a few fun mixes of some of my favorite walking songs. I aim for songs of a pace you can walk along with, bookended with warm-up and cool down songs.

And because I'm That Kind Of Girl, I'm going to start with a country mix. Some cool country, some dorky country, a little classic country. It's all good. (Well, I like it anyway.) You can click through to buy the songs from Amazon if you are so inclined. More mixes to come.

No comments: